Job Title: Business Development Manager
FLSA Status: Exempt
Department: ADMER Packaging Department, Compounds Business Division
Reports To: Business Director
This position is responsible for the below functions under the supervisor.
- Development of New Business, through cultivating new customers and new applications of the products, hence expanding sales in the South and North America.
- Maintenance of Business Accounts, through providing service and support to achieve stable supply to the customers and building long-term trusting relationships with them.
- Performing Appropriate Managing Functions, as necessary in order to proceed with the execution of the mid-term business plan (“MTP”), annual budget, monthly forecasting, and other company’s business process.
- Product Compliance
Essential Job Functions
Primary Job Functions
a) Development of New Business
- by identifying new sales and business opportunities, developing plans, and initiating actions to develop new business;
- by implementing new pricing structures and recommending strategies for contract development;
- by identifying and tracking market trends;
- by identifying customer and market needs;
- and by collecting and analyzing competitive intelligence.
b) Maintenance of Business Accounts and Provides Customer Support
- by acting as customers’ primary contact for support;
- by regularly visiting and communicating with customers;
- by identifying key decision-makers within each customer company and developing positive business relationships with customers;
- by providing technical, quality, manufacturing, and engineering product support to customers;
- by monitoring product sales performance and regularly providing Management with analysis and feedback;
- and by following up on delinquent and overdue receivables.
c) Supports the Planning of the MTP and Budget
- by assisting in the planning and development of the MTP and Budget by providing sales and logistics information to the Supervisor;
- and by coordinating with members of Management regarding the Budget.
Implements the MTP and Budget
- by adhering to the MTP and Budget;
- by making decisions in authorized areas;
- and by working as a team.
d) Product Compliance
- by ensuring Staff activities adhere to the Company's compliance system;
- by performing product control;
- by reporting, documenting, and filing reports, as necessary;
- by studying, understanding, and complying with existing and new Anti-trust law, EPA, FDA, DOT (Transportation), DOT (Treasury), OSHA, federal, state, and other health, safety, and compliance regulations, and practices;
- by taking necessary training from experts, and necessary internal and external training sessions designated by the company and Supervisor.
- by reading, understanding, and complying with existing and renewed “MCA Regulatory Compliance Policy”
- and by advising Senior Management as necessary.
Common Job Functions
- by maintaining good internal and external relationships; and by communicating business-related information, including any customers or market-related issues to relevant Staffs and Managements.
Contributes to Team Effort
- by being flexible in work assignments;
- by covering for other Staff as needed; by assisting in the transition of new Staff; by contributing to the professional environment of the office;
- and by understanding how this position affects the Company's bottom-line.
Maintains Professional and Technical Knowledge
- by attending educational workshops and useful trade shows;
- by keeping up on industry trends;
- and by reviewing professional publications especially in the automotive industry.
- by acting on constructive feedback from peers, supervisors, and customers to enhance efficiency;
- and by examining departmental work processes, administrative procedures, etc., and recommending changes where appropriate.
Keeps Directors Informed
- by reporting problems, troubles, and difficulties immediately to Directors verbally or in writing, in order to avoid confusion, misunderstanding, miscommunication, and problems;
- and by regularly updating Supervisors of work progress and or status.
Complies with Internal Policies and Legal Requirements
- by following existing and new internal policies;
- by studying and understanding existing and new compliance regulations, and practices; by anticipating future regulations;
- by enforcing adherence to requirements;
- and by reporting, documenting, and filing reports, as necessary; and by advising Management as necessary.
Manages Time and Resources
- by using time efficiently, prioritizing, and focusing work duties;
- and by using resources provided by the Company (i.e. financial resources, information tools, and other materials) in an effective and efficient manner.
- by taking the appropriate actions to ensure that tasks are accomplished accurately and by the designated deadline.
Essential Job Requirements:
Requirements & Working Environment
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate (i.e., working in a business office with computers, printers, and telephones).
- The Staff Member must be able to travel on business, join meetings on video/phone/web system or work beyond normal business hours. Travel up to 3 weeks per month is expected.
Minimum Qualifications Needed
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, website information, and/or government regulations in English.
- Ability to write e-mail, reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals in English and Spanish and/or Portuguese.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of Managers, Staff, clients, customers, and the general public in English and Spanish, and/or Portuguese without any misunderstanding.
- Must be able to use a computer and such applications like Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, SalesForce, and Explorer (including skills with search engines like Google and Yahoo to collect necessary information efficiently.).
Experience and Education
- Bachelor’s degree from four-year college or university; and at least five years’ experience and/or training in the plastics industry; or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Must have direct experience in multiple forms of extrusion technologies, including film, bottles, pipe, coating, etc.